We enjoy meeting the different needs of our guests and therefore we will allow a well behaved dog in some of our accommodation.
Dogs must be booked in at the same time as booking your accommodation. A small charge of £20 per week is applied.
As part of your booking you are required to accept our Terms & Conditions which also includes agreeing to keep to our 'Doggy Code of Conduct' which is essential in keeping our accommodation in pristine, clean condition for all of our guests.
Doggy Code of Conduct
- We ask that your dog be kept on a lead around the farm and lakes. You are more than welcome to let them stretch their legs off their lead in the nearby grass fields.
- Please be aware that there are other pets who live at the farm permanently.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture or beds. An extra cleaning fee will be charged where there is evidence of pets being on beds and/or furniture.
- Pets must be booked and paid for in advance. Any dogs arriving not by prior arrangement will need to be accommodated in a local kennel.
- Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended in any of our accommodation at any time.
- It is the owners responsibility to ensure that your dog is free from parasites or fleas before your stay. Failure to do so will incur substantial charges.
- Other than guide dogs, no other dogs are permitted in our dining room at any time.
- We regret that 'chatty dogs' who bark and are therefore likely to disturb guests in neighbouring accommodation are not welcome at Polhilsa Farm.
- When returning from adventures with a muddy dog, please use the outside tap to clean your dog before allowing them into your accommodation. Pet towels can be made available for your use on request. Under no circumstances must guest towels be used for pets.
- Please pick up pet mess when out with your dog. Bins are provided outside all properties for disposal of bagged pet mess.
- If your dog chews or damages furniture, carpets, bed linen etc and it is not possible for us to clean or repair them in keeping with our high standards, you will be responsible for the costs incurred in replacing damaged/stained items.
- When walking with your dog you must obey the Countryside Code and keep your dog under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others.
- Owners must supply a bed, basket or cage for your dog to sleep in.
- On your departure, please leave your accommodation as you would wish to find it. Excessive cleaning will incur an additional £50 fee.